Sunday, April 29, 2012

GRAD NIGHT OUT

Nothing warms my icy Chicago heart more than combining my love of fashion with my love of education. Last night my school, The University of Chicago, threw a "Party in the Sky" held on the 99th floor of the Sears Tower for Graduate students (does this make me an official Chicagoan because I refuse to call it the Willis Tower?). But, before I dined and drank with my fellow classmates, I took this as the perfect shopping opportunity. I chose this black Halston Heritage asymmetrical dress and paired it with these Badgley Mischka 'Larissa' shoes in Rose Taffeta, for a simple yet sophisticated look.



Normally opting to let my skin go all natural, I decided to splurge on a new foundation for special occasions. After much deliberation in makeup heaven (thank you to Kate at Sephora on Michigan Avenue!), I  chose the Makeup Forever HD Foundation and HD Powder. It's build-able coverage and longevity are worth the purchase, and my sensitive skin, so far, is very happy with it! While the foundation makes my skin look dewy and glowing, the powder holds any shine or oil at bay, which reflects in person AND in pictures. I also have been hearing a lot of talk on the makeup blogs about Revlon Lip Butters, so I decided to try it out myself. Here I am wearing the shade Berry Smoothie, and the product COMPLETELY lives up to the hype. It gave me a light, natural color while keeping moisture locked in. There is no makeup problem worse than wearing lipstick with chapped lips, and Revlon found the solution (for only $7.50, too!). I'll be making a trip back to CVS for more. Any new beauty products you guys have tried lately?


XX Jill

2 comments:

  1. you look fantastic! such a beautiful outfit and by the way, i am loving your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...