Friday, August 31, 2012

LABOR DAY LUSH

Labor Day is around the corner and summer is on its way out. LUSH gave us some last minute essentials as fall makes it way to Chicago for us to try and fall in love with.


Dirty Springwash Shower Gel ($9.95 for 3.3oz/$17.95 for 8.8oz/$27.95 for 16.9oz) is perfect for the last of the hot days because this menthol and spearmint gel is like a shower in a mountain spring; and leaves your skin cool as a cucumber.

Jess: This has the perfect amount of spearmint to make it tingle without an overpowering scent of menthol. I can see my boyfriend borrowing this from time to time.
Jill: It's important to note that I have VERY sensitive skin, so one little change and my body goes into freakout mode. This shower gel was too strong for my skin and dried me out, leaving me itchy. My boyfriend however really liked it, and said he felt ultra clean. It also lathers really well and although the scent is powerful at first, it leaves a lingering hint of freshness.



Give your locks some love with this seaweed and sea salt packed puck! Seanik ($10.95) softens hair and pumps up the volume as it nourishes. The exotic fragrance of mimosa, orange blossom absolute and jasmine will transport your senses to an exotic island.

Jess: I have to admit, I was a little confused about a shampoo bar. So, do I just rub it on my head? It felt weird, but after some quick YouTube searches, I was ready for the challenge. Two days later, my hair is still ah-mazing. It made my hair so soft, and gave me this natural look of volume. I'm always hesitant with volumizing product as my hair is so thick, but this is volume I can handle. Because of Seanik, I am off to a LUSH store tomorrow to buy a couple bars, one for home and one for the gym!
Jill: Having oily, straight hair, I was surprised at the volume this bar gave me. It's a miracle worker and leaves it feeling clean, without stripping it. PERFECT balance.


Invigorate and exfoliate skin with the cream-based Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub ($19.95 for 4.2oz/$34.95 for 8.8oz). We added both coarse and fine sea salts for extra scrubbing power and the granules of salt contain minerals beneficial to the skin. Organic avocado butter, nutritious seaweed absolute and cocoa butter leave skin feeling soft, smooth and moisturized.

Jess: A creamy, yet coarse with exfoliating sea salts. This is perfect for ladies that enjoy just having a bath. Soothing and invigorating at the same, I don't know how they do it!
Jill: My boyfriend has been complaining about dry elbows, so I immediately used it on him. He loved the way they felt and that he didn't have to put much lotion on afterwards. It was too harsh for my skin but perfect for my feet and hands.



You might be surprised by this, but sea water is actually good for your skin! It’s why LUSH put real sea water from the shores of the Pacific Ocean in our Breath of Fresh Air Facial Toner ($8.95 for 3.3oz/$19.95 for 8.4oz) as it hydrates and balances skin.

Jess: This is the perfect name for this product. I hate to admit this, but my face is totally breaking out. A couple sprays and the next time I looked up at the mirror, this toner really calmed my blemishes. Perfect for a gal on the go!
Jill: This toner really helped calm my skin and "cool" it down after a wash. Perfect after you exfoliate, or a mid-day spritz to help give your skin a pick me up.

XO Jess & Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...