Wednesday, October 31, 2012

DIY BLACK SWAN

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

When I was a little girl, the only good thing about my birthday being over was that I got to start the countdown to my favorite holiday- Halloween. Not much has changed in height or holiday favorites since I was a kid, and I've always taken dressing up very seriously. I'm still traumatized from the year my mom ruined my Jasmine costume by making me wear a sweater in the 40 degree weather. But I digress.

This year I was being all adult-like (ew), and missed the chance to celebrate, but I still wanted to get in the spirit by sharing last year's Black Swan costume and makeup I made myself. Apologies in advance for the crappy quality, this was right before the birth of JUNCTURE. :)

The final product.

I bought feathers from Moonlight Feathers, who had extremely fast delivery and great costumer service. Using fabric glue, I placed each feather on a corset I purchased from Forever 21, and added in these dark mosaic squares from Michaels.


I bought a children's crown, painted it black, and added the mosaic tiles. I already had a black tutu (EVERYONE should own a tutu, but you can find a similar one on Amazon) and paired it with cheap black tights I didn't mind getting ruined.


Voila! Although tedious, it was pretty simple, and I've made it my mission to make my costume each year.

Pauly D and I!

Such fun makeup! (Can you spot Jess sneaking in?)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to all of our readers! Hope it's a spooky one! ;)

xx Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...