Monday, October 8, 2012

DIY BRIDAL BASKET

As if our lives didn't parallel each other enough, Jess and I both have been celebrating our best friends getting engaged (see, we do know people outside of each other!).

Christina and I have been at each others side for every high school heartbreak, landmark memory, and even lived together in college. Name it, and we have probably been through it together- and have an inside joke to go with it. There's no better feeling than seeing your best friend happy, so when her and her amazing fiance became engaged, I wanted to put together the perfect "soon to be" bridal gift basket. Here's what I created...

At Michaels I purchased a white basket, along with a bunch of tulle and rhinestones, easily creating a veil to go over the basket by using fabric glue. I also found adorable bride and groom wine bottle covers, which I added their pictures to. With the extra rhinestones, I personalized a wedding scrapbook with their first initials, a gift I found on wedding blogs that many brides wish they used when planning their wedding (also an activity the bride and groom can do together!). Another gift I found that most brides found extremely useful was a ring holder, which can be placed in the kitchen for when the couple cooks or on a nightstand (but for now, it holds her engagement ring).

The whole package.



"Our Wedding Scrapbook" by Darcy Miller, editorial director of Martha Stewart Weddings.


"Larabee Dot" Kate Spade Ring Holder.


Since it's not all about the bride, I found this adorable vouchers booklet at Francesca's that they can both use.

"For Lovers Vouchers"


What girl doesn't love Essie? I added these three shades - all wedding name inspired - for all the upcoming manis and pedis in her future.

Essie's "Wife Goes On", "Borrowed & Blue", and "Walk Down The Aisle".
Adding a personal wedding touch to a girl's best friend.

No bridal basket would be complete without a "soon to be Mrs. (insert name here)", along with a matching pair of underwear, right? I personalized both by fabric gluing water safe lettering. Putting a piece of cardboard between the front and back, I used a ruler to as my guide to make sure each letter was straight.

More of the details.



Jess and I both love to get crafty, so after I controlled my crying from the happy news, I went straight to DIYing. Having the privilege to watch two very special people celebrate their love makes being at the age where everyone is starting to get married a little easier to deal with!

What are some of your favorite wedding blogs?

xx Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...