Monday, November 12, 2012

INTERVIEW WITH JENNIFER BUNNEY

Fess up - you know you watched it. In fact, I bet every time you hear Hilary Duff's "Coming Clean", you can't help but think of one of MTV's most iconic shows, Laguna Beach. We admit, we were addicted, and continued to follow the girls on their way to The Hills (and may or may not watch reruns on Netflix). One of our favorites from the show was always Jennifer Bunney, the pretty best friend of Lauren Conrad and Heidi Montag, so we were so excited to have the chance to interview her. But it wasn't her stint on reality television that has kept us following her after all these years, it's her beauty tips, charitable endeavors, and hella successful educational/professional career (she just received her MBA!) that we admire. Being the definition of beauty and brains, she's proved to be so much more than that high school reality show.


You have amazing skin! What is your beauty routine? 
My beauty routine at night is kind of insane right now...don't be scared. But, I swear by it even if it is a little extra work. I have also spent a considerable amount of time researching and trying products. I believe skin condition is #1 because without good skin, no make up will look good.  First off I have a hot and cold facial steamer. I take off my make up and then hot steam my face, wipe it with antibacterial astringent and clean my pores. Then I usually put on a mask, sometimes with aspirin, caffeine and vit C powder (homemade), and sometimes my favorite white clay mask by lancome. Then, I use (and this is my fav out of everything except for the steamer) P 50-classic 1970 by Biologique Recherche which tightens up all your newly cleaned pores and completely refines skin tone. After that I put on a serum, either my Skin Medica stem cell double serum, OR my Retin-A (from my dermatologist, Dr. Goldburg, in Laguna Beach). I then use dark spot corrector on my sun spots and I end the routine with pure Vit. E under my eyes. For the finale, I use cold steam for about two minutes or less to completely close up my pores (which is important after you hot steam and it open them). And go to bed. This whole routine takes me less than ten minutes and even though it sounds obnoxious, my skin is pretty flawless from it and I catch every break out before it happens. I haven't received one blemish since I got my steamer!

Secura Facial Steamer - Amazon

In the morning, I wash my face. Put on a serum (usually Skin Medica or Vit C Ester by Perricone MD) and sun screen. I use Neutrogena SPF 55 blemish free, or for hot days the 110 SPF for face. I am crazy about not getting sun damage on my face--it looks SO gross!! Then I put on makeup. Just a BB creme and mascara for work days and then I put on full makeup for weekend nights out. I use completely different products for week days and weekends because I cannot afford to clog my pores during the week. 

Biologique Recherche P50 Lotion

We see you travel a lot, as do the both of us. What's your go-to travel outfit to feel comfortable yet arrive in style?
Honestly, I don't travel in much style because I travel so often. I usually go for leggings and uggs or boots and a comfy sweater. If I am going somewhere fabulous though, like a vacation or to Las Vegas--I will def turn it up a notch. For those kind of events I will do a long maxi dress (but not for long flights because you need to wear sandals with that and sweaters look bad and its always freezing on the plane).

UGG Classic Short

We admire your dedication to your schooling. How do you manage to balance a social life with such a busy schedule?
My free time is bi-polar. One day I will be studying regulations and scientific pathway mechanisms and the next I will be online shopping for hours. Its totally unpredictable. I just think of my social life and interest in fashion and beauty as a hobby. You need both in your life to feel happy and whole so I try to make room for my "hobby". 

Have you ever been to Chicago? If so, what were your favorite things about the city?
I have never been, except on a lay over. Would LOVE to go though...

What can your fans expect from you in the future?
I am planning to still blog, in fact, I would like to start a new blog. But, I want to switch it up . I want to have my blog reflect my real thought process. I want it not to be just about beauty and social plans , but also about science and ideas and innovative thinking. I think that this type of blog will more accurately express who I am. I really need someone to manage it, maintain it, monitor comments etc... I am too busy to write it and then do all the maintenance! Any ideas?

We want to thank Jennifer for taking the time and chatting with us about school, beauty, fashion, and all things JUNCTURE. Make sure you follow her on Twitter and welcome her to the blogging world by checking out her new site, Jenn-Nora Blog!

xx Jess & Jill

1 comment:

  1. great interview..never used to like Jenn till I read her twitter; hardworking, down to earth and a well balanced person overall!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...