Monday, July 27, 2015

UNVEILING THE VEIL

This past week my family came into town, and one of the things on our to-do list was to check out veils with my mom. I wanted something antique, and my whole wedding inspiration look is Jackie Kennedy, so I figured my only options would be to have something custom made.

via JFK Library

After searching the internet, I found a shop in Roscoe Village called Meringue, which has vintage wedding gowns, veils, headpieces, jewelry, and more. After discussing with Kristine, the owner, my vision, I stopped in with my mom. I tried on a few different options, piecing together elements from new veils, but I felt something was missing. Until Kristine pulled out an antique veil from the 1920s from the back, and I instantly fell in love!

It has all the right drama, with a headpiece to die for, and that "Jackie Kennedy look" I had dreamed of. As much as I love, love, love my dress, I am pretty damn excited about this veil. And may be wearing it around my house way long after my wedding.

The details of my veil! Via Instagram (@jillbadlotto).

I can't wait to share the entire look, including my veil and dress, in just a few short months.

And future brides, if you're looking for a gorgeous, one of a kind wedding dress (or accessories) I can't recommend Meringue enough. Kristine is an absolute doll and knew exactly what I was looking for.

Some of the gorgeous gowns Via Instagram (@jessandjill).

How amazing is this antique bed in the dressing rooms?

Hope your week is off to a great start!

x Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...