Monday, May 21, 2012

MACY'S TRUNK SHOW

Thursday night, my boyfriend and I stopped by Macy's on State Street to check out the trunk show by the designers a part of the Chicago Fashion Incubator. Between admiring the displays of creativity and snapping pictures, I got to grasp a quick feel of each designer's individuality. Make sure to become familiar with each designer, as they all bring something different to the Chicago fashion world (But first, check out my recap below!)

Being familiar with the brand, I wasn't surprised by my instant admiration of the clothes Blank Nation had on display. Besides the unique prints and range of silhouettes, the clothes are made to work for any body type, which is a HUGE plus (and pretty rare) for any clothing line to have. Add to that a total sweetheart of an owner, Brooke, who dedicates a percentage of sales each month to a new charity, and you have some irresistible pieces you'll want to take a look at.



While were on the theme of uniqueness, have you ever seen creativity like this? Rachel Frank Design not only consists of these rad jewelry pieces, which originated from putting things together she found in her Grandfathers basement, but also killer designs you HAVE to check out on their website (I'd kill to wear one of her gowns). Rachel's clever vision can be also seen in makeup artistry, and I must mention she has the most badass tattoos I've ever seen. 



When I passed by the booth of Sarah Church, I was completely drawn in by the vintage vibe and the perfected balance of masculinity and femininity. Does it get any better than this green military inspired dress? You can connect with the designer through her websiteFacebook, and  Twitter




Last (although this fabric is certainly not least), I had to check out these flirty prints that designer Britney Devaris was working with. Her fun color scheme and high-quality clothing make the outfit transition from day to night a breeze. Learn more about her perfect summer skirts and the rest of her designs on her Facebook and Twitter



Unfortunately I didn't realize until after I rushed home (there's just so long you can keep a man occupied at Macy's) that I had not gotten the chance to become familiar with the designs of Elizabeth Smith Fashions. I was even more bummed when I clicked through the collection on their website and didn't get to see these pieces in person. Sometimes the simplest elements are the hardest to translate, and the designer behind the line, La Tonya Williams, effortlessly accomplishes this. She took a common, everyday piece (admit it, we all have too many boring white blouses) and turned it into a statement. My favorite is the Rosemary, since I'm a sucker for anything with simple, yet eye-catching back detail. You can also connect with Elizabeth Smith Fashions on Facebook and Twitter.

Who are some of your favorite Chicago designers? It's always important to support the local scene. This city is exploding with creativity in all art forms!

XX Jill

2 comments:

  1. this makes me want to shop! thanks a lot! lol xo

    http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...