Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CHICAGO SIDEWALK SALE

After work, I swung by the Chicago Sidewalk Sale at the Daley Plaza (50 W. Washington St.) In its sixth year, the sidewalk sale is an easy way to introduce yourself to over 40 talented jewelry and fashion designers and local boutiques. I saw my favorite, Brooke of Blank Nation Apparel, caught up with Kirsten of Objets d'Envy, and finally met the ladies behind brands that I've been obsessing with online! 

The Chicago Sidewalk Sale will be open for one more day, tomorrow from 9 AM to 3 PM, so make your way over during lunch or sneak out for some retail therapy, it will be hump day after all! (Don't mind the snapshots, I stumbled upon this and didn't have my camera with me. Gotta love my iPhone!) Catch a glimpse of some of the designers I got to know!


Objets d'Envy has been one of our favorites since we've moved to Chicago. Kirsten's initial+birthstone necklace was my first local designer piece I bought and became the inspiration for a Chicago-based blog for Jill and I! Follow her on Twitter and 'like' her on Facebook!








Brooke is the owner and designer of Blank Nation Apparel (we introduced you to her in this post) and is part of the Macy's Chicago Fashion Incubator. Love her prints and especially the silhouettes of her dresses,  they're perfect for every body type. Expect some great things to come from Brooke this year!



shopjules.com says it best, "jules hand fabricated artisan jewelry line is inspired by organic imperfectiosn nature; deep color variations of gemstones, rich textures of raw minerals and blemishes on hand-hammered metals." Definitely make your way to the Chicago Sidewalk Sale, she's hand graving  ID tags on-site! Follow her on Twitter and 'like' her on Facebook!






 

Jess of Jess LC is an accessories designer who's been making jewelry since she was 15, and is now expanding her brand to include a variety of life goods. Check out her blog, Makeunder My Life, follow her on Twitter, and most importantly, buy everything from her shop! I am loving this flamingo bracelet!

 s




The ribbons for necklaces and bracelets are interchangeable!

LUCIUS Jewelry is created and owned by Christy, a metalsmith that creates beautiful wearable art. I absolutely love that her shop includes everything from hearts to skulls, a perfect shop for everyone! You can also browse her designs on her Etsy shop and 'like' her on Facebook!







From token necklaces and reconstructed lockets to tie clips and cuff links, Jojo & Sofia features extremely unique reconstructed vintage jewelry for both women and men! They can even create a customized piece with your favorite and treasured pieces into a personalized piece. 'Like' them on Facebook!







Don't forget, there's one more day of the Chicago Sidewalk! Head over to the Daley Plaza tomorrow, 9 AM to 3 PM. Stay cool out there!

XO Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...