Monday, February 10, 2014

MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING: BRIDAL SHOWER PLACE CARDS

One of the best parts about being maid of honor for my best friend's wedding, besides the tremendous honor of it all, is getting my hands into some fun DIY projects, (like the bachelorette party goodies and the bridal basket I put together.) Last weekend, I went to Florida to celebrate the bride at her gorgeous tea themed bridal shower. Her future mother-in-law found a beautiful tea room that was the perfect venue, for a perfect afternoon, for the perfect bride!

For the place cards, I wanted to make something simple yet girly, and knew I wanted to incorporate paper flowers. I came across these instructions on how to make tissue pom-pom flowers, and although I  followed each step at first, I did make a few tweaks.

- Instead of cutting the tissue paper 10" x 5", I made it 5" x 2.5" to better fit a name card.
- I found that the 4 sheets of paper weren't enough oomph and the flower fell flat, so I used 6-8 pieces for each flower. It looked so much better!
- I used about 12" of gold floral wiring.

I picked up all of my supplies at Michaels. I then cut 4" x 3" pieces of construction paper and folded them in half to make the name cards, taping the stem to the inside of the paper. I was going to cut the stems so you wouldn't see them on the other side, but loved the way the gold wire looked twisted! I then had my mom write each name in cursive (my elementary teachers would shudder at my attempt) and voila, all finished.






I thought they went perfectly with the decor! And yes, that food tasted just as good as it looks.





I can't wait to share the rest of the bridal shower, including the favors, which were my favorite DIY project ever.

x Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...