Tuesday, September 30, 2014

DIY GLITTER WINE GLASSES

What to get your girlfriends who have everything? A wine glass, because it's something you can never have enough of.

When it comes to gifts, especially for my friends, I love getting crafty. I knew I wanted to gift my two friends matching wine glasses for all of us, but I also wanted to make them a little special. I stumbled upon this easy DIY from Something Turquoise and I knew I had to get my hands dirty... well, glittery. 

I followed the instructions almost exactly, but made a few helpful adjustments along the way.

- I used a sponge (and it worked out great!) since that's what I had lying around.
- If using stickers, be sure to remove the sticker with a needle.
- Remove the sticker while the glitter is still wet, to insure you don't remove any of the glitter.
- Lighter colors will take more coats, so be sure to leave at least 10 minutes between applications.

Here is the end result!









I think the ombre ones are my favorite!

They're also the perfect gift for a new bride, and using her new last name initial (like I did).

x Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...