Wednesday, December 31, 2014

JESS & JILL FAVORITES OF 2014

2014 was the year of traveling, career moves, and life changing experiences. It's been one of the best years for the both of us so far, and we can't wait to see where 2015 takes us. And while it's hard to choose just 10 posts, we've narrowed down our top favorite posts of the year!

From our sailing trip this year!

10

Jess
Favorito Friday: #BloggerBrunch: Bloggers and brunch? There can't be a better combination than that! It's always a great time to hang out and chat with beautiful and inspiring women.


Jill
Dark LA Nights: Los Angeles is one of my favorite places to be, and anytime I'm with my brother, I always have his artistic eye do my outfit photos, so this is by far one of my favorite outfit posts. I love LACMA and these cool light poles, and you know I love an all black ensemble.


9

Jess
Bella Bianca Bridal: Being engaged is a whole new world and it was so much fun being introduced to it all with a wedding dress shopping night with my bestie!


Jill
Jill (& her nails) in The Everygirl: It was so much fun being a part of this shoot and being featured in one of my favorite websites, The Everygirl! I got the chance to channel my inner Aria from Pretty Little Liars and show off a killer manicure color.


8

Jess
Sailing Lake Michigan with Chicago Sailing: There's no better way to experience Chicago than with a sail on Lake Michigan. It was a beautiful way to start the weekend with our fiancé's and have some quality bonding drinking time!


Jill
Favorito Friday: ¡Ay Chiwowa!: I loved having my closest girlfriends in town for Labor Day weekend and we had such a good time that night. There is nothing better than a girls night out!



7

Jess
Jess's Warby Parker Home Try-On: We all know I can't get enough of Warby Parker and having the chance to do their Home Try-On and share it with everyone was so much fun! I chose the glasses that you guys picked and I gotta say, I don't mind the compliments. 


Jill
TCW Magazine Styling: Seeing my name in print for the first time was such an incredible feeling. Being an assistant to a stylist and helping out with these shoots is something I want to continue in 2015!


6

Jess
A Night at Thompson Chicago: When was the last time you had a BFF sleepover?! We had the awesome chance to spend the night at the new Thompson hotel and had tons of fun making a typical silly Jess & Jill video. Sleepovers need to be a must, even if you're a grown adult!




Jill
Jill in Style Me Pretty: Another pinch me moment of 2014. Not too long after I got engaged, I had the opportunity to dress up in a wedding gown for a Style Me Pretty shoot - one of my favorite websites! I like to think it's my Carrie Bradshaw life moment.


5


Jess
Sarah Seven Chicago: This post is more than just about a bridal boutique. I started working at Sarah Seven soon after this post, and it's been my absolute favorite place yet! I worked with an incredible boss who is also a close friend of mine and learned so much about the bridal world. I'm putting that to use for my new job search in Houston!


Jill
Coca-Cola Journey: Writing has always been a passion of mine, so being contributors to Coca-Cola's Journey website was a dream come true. I also loved that our first post was a DIY project I did with my dad!


4

Jess
Jess's Birthday Staycation: My birthday has always been canceled or postponed because of Chicago's crazy winter weather. My now-fiancé had the genius idea of making the weather have no effect on my birthday plans thanks to a staycation! Even with a snowstorm that night (of course there was), we got to make the most of it. Best birthday yet!


Jill
Jill's Short Journey to the Gown: Picking my wedding gown was such a stress-free and easy process... Nothing compared to what people told me. The second I put on my Oscar de la Renta gown, I just knew it was the one!


3

Jess
Jess in South Dakota: Badlands National Park: This trip will always hold a special place in my heart as it's the vacation that ended in an engagement (that recap is still to come)! One of my favorite parts of that road trip was the stop at Badlands - it is absolutely breathtaking, challenging, and peaceful. My fiancé always talk about our time there and can't wait to visit again!


My Costa Rica Trip (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6): My whole Costa Rica trip would almost take up this full list, and every part of the trip was so amazing, I couldn't pick just one. From my best friend's wedding, to white water rafting, it was the trip of a lifetime. And I was so lucky to spend it with family, friends, and new fiancé!


2

Jess
Jess is Moving to Texas!: What a year a month this has been. My fiancé and I found out that in less than a month, we would have to pack up everything and head on south! While it was extremely hard to leave Chicago, I am so excited for the all the exciting new experiences that are yet to come. (I'm actually on the way to Houston right now.)

Photo via Reddit.

Jill
Simply Stylist Chicago 2014: The highlight of 2014 for my career was speaking at Simply Stylist. Blogging is something I'm so passionate about, so to have the opportunity to share my knowledge, and learn from others, at such an amazing conference was unbelievable.



Our #1 Favorite of 2014

We're engaged! Not to each other, duh. Although, we think we'd make perfect life partners...

Happy New Year's Eve!

Jess & Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...