Wednesday, December 5, 2012

CHRISTMAS DECOR & MORE

I love Christmas.

For me, it's a time of seeing and catching up with my family and friends that I may not see so often, eating my mother's home cooking and giving gifts that I've been looking for year-round! But it's not just about the eve and day of - it's about engulfing yourself in the holiday for the whole month before (and for me until January 6th). I love it when the trees and lights go up on Michigan Avenue and the Christmas music starts playing everywhere. It gets me excited for my trip to Florida and spend some quality time with my loved ones. And this is the first year my boyfriend and I will be celebrating the holiday together, so I'm extra excited!

My personal way of getting ready for the holiday? Making my place feel like a winter wonderland with silver and glitter details and splashes of red. I do quite a bit of shopping every holiday season and fell in love with more festive pieces again this year. Check out some of my favorites!

Glitter Snowflake Ornament ($3.00 - $4.00 - On Sale!) - West Elm

'Cozy Christmas' and 'Ornaments' Print Pair ($30.00) - Amanda Catherine Designs Etsy Shop

Felt Garland ($15.00 - On Sale!) - West Elm

Patchwork Christmas Dessert Plates ($8.00) - West Elm

Mason Jar Snow Glove ($28.00) - Anthropologie

Driftwood Wreath ($55.00 - On Sale!) - Restoration Hardware

Rattan Balls ($14.00) - The Bread and Butterfly Etsy Shop

Punched Silver Tree Topper ($13.97 - On Sale!) - Crate and Barrel

Chunky Knit Stocking ($39.50) - Pottery Barn

Raj Hurricane and Candleholder ($4.95 - $17.95) - Crate and Barrel

And it's not all about decorating your home - there's a nail set to make you festive everywhere you go!

Deborah Lippmann 'Christmas in the City' Nail Lacquer Trio ($42.00) - Nordstrom

Already done with decorating and have moved on to wrapping gifts? Here's '10 Sources for Unique Holiday Gift Wrap' from Apartment Therapy.

Christmas not your thing? Don't worry, we will have a Hanukkah-themed post soon!

XO Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...