Monday, January 27, 2014

JILL'S GRAMMYS RED CARPET RECAP

To sum up the Grammys fashion in one word, each year you can expect things to be "sporadic." You always have the celeb who comes decked out in a ball gown like they're at the Oscars, the C-lister who thinks cut off shorts are not only acceptable at the beach, and the awkward outfits in-between. But what fun would it be if we didn't have them to talk about?

Best

Katy Perry in Valentino: When I saw this walk down the red carpet, my first thoughts were that if no singer jumped to wear this at the Grammys, they didn't deserve to walk the carpet. Usually Katy is hit or miss with me, but she definitely hit it out of the park with this one.

Photo via E!

Rita Ora in Lanvin: This dress is the perfect balance for the Grammys. I also thoroughly appreciated the small purple detail in the dress that matched her purple eyeshadow. And I secretly wish I could pull off that blonde hair.

Photo via E!

Taylor Swift in Gucci: Yes, it's sparkly. And yes, her makeup and hair could definitely use more of an edge. But you can't deny this was damn pretty walking down the carpet, and it photographs lovely. And it's NOT strapless!

Photo via E!

Skylar Grey in Michael Costello: I feel like I shouldn't love this, but I do. I love the unconventional material paired with her slicked back hair. And her tattoos make this look 10x better.

Photo via E!

Worst

Paris Hilton in Haus of Milani: While it's awesome Paris Hilton hasn't aged since 2004, it's sad she's held on to the same style.

Photo via E!

Fantasia Barrino in Isabel Toledo: And apparently she knows it's bad, because she's already wearing a medal for the worst dressed (that's what that red necklace is, right?!)

Photo via E!

Anna Kendrick in Azzaro: First let me apologize to my boyfriend, who will probably make me sleep on the couch for putting his favorite actress on this list (sorry!) I love Anna, but this dress is wearing her harder than she ever could. It definitely belongs on a different starlet, although her hair and makeup are gorgeous.

Photo via E!

Kaya Jones: That awkward in-between thing I was talking about? Yeah... this chick.

Photo via E!

What did you think of the fashion?

2 comments:

  1. love your best & worst list!! Paris Hilton - oh no, no, no. and what makes that dress even worse is the zipper up her back. it's bad AND it doesn't fit right. I was a fan of T Swift's dress, along with Christine Teigen and Colbie Caillat. xo - Chels @ LLinaBC.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved T Swift last night. My goodness, would I want to just wear that outfit when I prance down the aisle. (Not that I'm even dating anyone, but a girl can dream.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...