Thursday, January 17, 2013

FIRST TIME HIKER

Something I was determined to do this year was go hiking (and I did it within 12 days of the new year - booyah!). My boyfriend is an Eagle Scout, so camping and backpacking is his kinda thing. Since I've never done it, I figured, who better to go with? As part one of my birthday celebration (the rest to come this weekend), we headed to Starved Rock State Park in Utica, about an hour and a half southwest of the city. We spent six hours hiking through the canyons, along the Illinois River, and enjoyed the views of the waterfalls and icefalls. And it's official - I got the hiking bug! I'm already planning my second trip, but I may wait a bit until it warms up!

Ready to start the hike!

Canyons!

Getting dirty!

Can't wait to go back!

Whether you made a resolution to hit the outdoors or get in shape, you gotta get the right gear!

1. Nike 'Free Run+ 3' Running Shoe ($100.00) - Nordstrom, 2. GapFit gFast Ombre Leggins ($54.95) - Gap, 3. Powder Summit™ Headring ($17.00) - Columbia,  4. MicroTherm™ Down Vest ($119.00) - Eddie Bauer, 5. Purist Cycling Water Bottle ($18.00) - Lululemon Athletica,  6. Bryce Mid WP ($135.00) - Keen, 7. Dri-Fit Knit Long-Sleeve ($70.00) - Nike

How are you getting in shape this year?

XO Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...