Tuesday, January 8, 2013

JESS'S BEAUTY BAG

I'm at work almost every day at six in the morning (early, I know) so my regimen needs to be done in 15 minutes or less. Since it doesn't leave me much time to get creative, I stick with the essentials. Now I'm no beauty guru, so bear with me... Maybe you can teach me a thing or two. I wear the same thing almost every day, give or take some liner (I spruce my beauty regime with nail polish), but I'm loyal to my usual products. For me, I can head over to The Shops at North Bridge (520 N. Michigan Ave.) and get all my goodies in three spots - Kiehl's, Nordstrom, and Sephora.


My skin in this rough Chicago winter can get crazy, so I use two different moisturizers depending on how it's feeling. Normally, I use Kiehl's Acai Damage-Correcting Moisturizer (it's organic!), and on very dry days I use Kiehl's Creme d'Elegance Repairateur, a rich cream that will leave no dry skin behind! My motto is 'when in doubt, use Kiehl's'. ;]

I also have some skin redness and to nip that in the bud I use Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer. If that's not enough, I use Benefit Boi-ing Concealer. When they say it's industrial-strength, they're not lying, it can cover almost anything. And if you're looking for full-coverage when it comes to foundation, I swear by Chanel Perfection Lumière Fluid Makeup. It's extremely long-lasting and it comes with a must-have SPF. I was always wary of liquid foundation as I'm not very savvy in the makeup department, but with the right brush, blending is a breeze.

I'm not blessed with brows like Jill, so I fake it 'til I make it with Benefit Brown Zings, a kit that has it all. Now it's time to add color - on a budget. I love the choices of Sephora Collection Colorful Blush. The shades are great and will last you through the day (or night) and at 14 bucks a pop, you can't beat that.

As an eyeglass wearer, I tend to go easy on the eyes - I love my thick frames and I don't want to go overboard, so I stick to neutrals. For eyeshadow, I love one of Urban Decay's newest products, their Naked Basics Palette. Six completely matte colors work well together or alone and and it's a palette any pro or first-time user can master. If I'm getting fancy, I'll add some liner. Jill, myself and some other lovely bloggers went to a Pretty Powerful event and I was wooed by Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner. For the not-so-savvy, this liner is easy to apply and make it your own! Lipstick is probably my least-used item in my makeup bag. I have this irrational fear that it's going to get everywhere, but I will bust it for those events and date nights. My top choice? MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense, specifically the Moulin Rouge, a perfect vibrant red. And now my absolute favorite... The cult classic, Dior Diorshow Mascara. It's dark, thickening, and doesn't flake. Win, win, win!

What's your favorite beauty product?

XO Jess

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...