Wednesday, July 10, 2013

GOING VEGAN WITH MEEZ MEALS

It is almost impossible - and I really mean impossible - to eat out or order food and go the healthy route. Who wants to order a salad when you can have pizza and a milkshake? But who really has time to cook every night? The struggle is real, and thankfully for Chicagoans, Meez Meals has come to the rescue.

Jess and I got to try out their services, in which they deliver all the ingredients and instructions to make home cooked, healthy meals to your door. The best part is that most of their meals can be vegan friendly, and since I'm trying to incorporate that into my diet more, this was perfect.

I absolutely LOVED Meez Meals and the ease of everything. From the delivery process, to the instructions, to the individual ingredient packaging, it's perfect for those weeks when you know you won't have time to whip up something yourself. Check out the three vegan meals I tried!

Box delivery with all three meals.

The Chili Glazed Tofu Tacos were, surprisingly, both my boyfriend's and my favorite. I'm not a fan of tofu's consistency at all, but I chopped it up, and it was really, really good. And the almonds on top added the perfect crunch!

Chili Glazed Tofu Tacos.

Contents being cooked.

Voila!

Next I tried the pearl couscous with roasted tomatoes, kale, and cannelini beans. It's a great, light summer dish, and I never thought I could enjoy kale that much, especially with couscous. They also added feta cheese in the package for those who want to go the vegetarian route, and a suggestion of grilled chicken for you carnivores.

Pearl Couscous

Baking the tomatoes and kale.

Finished product.

Lastly was the coconut basil flatbread, which was probably the hardest to make (but still rather easy). It was also the most fun to make, because who doesn't want to try and spin dough on their finger? Unfortunately we haven't gotten our grill yet so I needed to use the oven, but it still came out delicious. I'm not a huge fan of coconut and so I was apprehensive about using it, but I'm glad I did because the flavors balanced each other out perfectly. I've learned to trust Meez... they know what they're talking about!

Coconut Basil Flatbread.

The best part!

Before being baked.

I can't stress enough how easy and down-to-the-point the instructions were... no reading ahead required (not that I would anyway, let's be real.) My kitchen will definitely be receiving more action with them!

Mention Jess & Jill at Meez Meals and get 50% off your first order!

x Jill

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I don't find it hard to eat meat-free when out and about, I find it hard to eat meat-free healthy when out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Meez! I started doing it earlier this year and everything is always so delicious! I'm also way hungry after seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...