Tuesday, July 9, 2013

JESS IN MADISON, WI!

For the Fourth of July weekend, my boyfriend and I headed to Madison, Wisconsin for a little bit of sightseeing, hiking, and a whole lot of cheese. It was hot and sunny - a perfect summer weekend!

Our first day there, we roamed around the Wisconsin State Capitol and took advantage that not many people were around and snapped some photos. We then headed down State Street, which is full of bars, restaurants, and eclectic shops with stationary, art, knick-knacks, vintage pieces, and so more much. My favorite purchase of the day was a vintage Madison postcard - another one for my collection!


Wisconsin State Capitol.

Wisconsin State Capitol.

Wearing a Forever 21 sleeveless blouse, Gap cam skimmers, 

The view of the Capitol from State Street.

State Street.

State Street.

At the end of State Street is the University of Wisconsin-Madison. We roamed the campus for a while and found a building I thought was interesting and a little haunted-esque - time to bust out the camera! Turned the corner and noticed that it was home to my BA from the University of Florida… Geography! Knew I fell in love with the building for some reason! We then headed to the Memorial Union for lunch and ice cream on The Terrace.

Bascom Hall.

Bascom Hall.

Science Hall at UW-Madison.

I was really excited about this!

Memorial Union.

We stayed at the Madison Concourse Hotel which was right outside of the Wisconin State Capitol and had a stunning view!


Our view of the sunset over the Capitol.

Capitol at night.

The following day, we headed about an hour north of Madison to Baraboo to visit the state's largest park, Devil's Lake State Park. We went up quite a challenging trail, but it was completely worth it for the view.

I was reluctant to do so, but I got a pair of Lululemon Inspire Crops for this hike since everyone swears by them. Were $92 pants really worth it? YES, YES, YES. I always have the problem of pulling up my pants a million times a hike, but I didn't touch these once. I think I need another pair… Just 'cause, of course.

Getting there!

The view from the top!

In love with my Lululemon pants.

Ah, shade!

The view from below.

The hike along the lake.

Our last day in Madison, we headed back to the Capitol for an inside tour and a walk around the Dane County Farmers' Market.

Wearing a Forever 21 sleeveless blouse, Zara studded denim,
DV by Dolce Vita 'Diandra' sandals, and a Marc by Marc Jacobs crossbody.

Jewelry from Love & Pieces, Kate Spade, 2020AVE, and GUESS, and  c/o of Capwell & Co.

Inside the Wisconsin State Capitol.

Inside the Capitol.

Beautiful details.
 

Just being touristy.

We were told the farmers' market is a must when in Madison and we could see why! Next time we're bringing a cooler to take home meat and cheese, and getting there hungry to grub on pastries from Stella's. I had to resist the urge to bring home things for a garden I don't have!

Dane County Farmers' Market

If only I had a garden...

The BEST cheese danish from Stella's.

Road trips with my boyfriend are always my favorites, and this one was no exception. I fell in love with Madison and we'll definitely be back for another stroll down State Street and another run at Devil's Lake!

How did you celebrate Fourth of July?

Jess

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jess, I mentioned going to the farmer's market on #cbnchat today & Jill told me about this post. I really like all of the pics. We've been to the farmer's market & Devil's Lake many times but these pics give me a completely different perspective. Thanks! @impeccableimage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss summertime in my city. Happy you got your hands on some Stella's!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...