Monday, September 23, 2013

65TH ANNUAL EMMYS

Let the pre-gaming to the Oscars begin!

Last night was the 65th Annual Emmy Awards, AKA a night of tweeting, critiquing, and nitpicking at all the dresses that walk the red carpet. There were lots of nudes, a few blues, and some surprise dresses, and I've added my favorites, least favorites, and looks that I wish I could tweak below!

Best

Kate Mara in J. Mendel - Favorite of the night! Kate did it right with long sleeves and a high slit, balancing out the dress perfectly. Her slick straight hair compliments the look and I love the tiny cut outs on the top. The Mara sisters are quickly becoming my favorite fashion duo (next to The Olsens, duh).

Photo via E! Online

Claire Danes in Armani Prive - Loved this feminine look and the delicate details. Paired with the perfect lip color and faux bob, I'm on board. 

Photo via E! Online

Laura Dern in Naeem Kahn - I'm not one for pink dresses, but this detailed frock caught my eye quickly. I love the beading and nude element of the dress, and Laura's messy hair keeps the look from being too girly. 

Photo via E! Online

Kiernan Shipka in Delpozo - Let's all collectively say it... "Awwwwww!" Kiernan always dresses age appropriate while still keeping it fresh and noticeable to us adults. Where can I fill out the adoption papers?

Photo via E! Online

Worst

Carrie Underwood in Ramona Keveza - Someone needs to let her know that life isn't one big prom.

Photo via E! Online

Lena Dunham in Prada - I know last season of Girls wasn't as good as the first, but don't torture yourself over it, Lena. That's gotta be the only excuse for picking a dress you drown in, paired with that heavy eyeshadow.

Photo via E! Online

Heidi Klum in Versace - I'm wishing this dress was around in 2001 when I sprained my neck because it's a (slight) step above that ugly neck brace I had to wear. 

Photo via E! Online

Ana Farris in Monique Lhuillier - I don't have a problem with the dress, I have a problem with her in the dress. I can't get past how wrong that color is for her skin tone to even look at the structure of the dress. With her blonde hair, bangs, and lack of a strong lip color, Ana is way too washed out. From one pale girl to another, stay away from this color.

Photo via E! Online

What Could Have Been

Julianne Hough in Jenny Packham - We shouldn't be able to tell if you've received a bikini wax when you walk down the red carpet, but I won't write this dress off just yet. Add a lining that runs longer than hot pants, and I could get behind this look. 



Julie Bowen in Zac Posen - Would have loved to see this strapless! There's just too much going on here. Put your hand over the shoulder details and voila, you have a stunning dress that your eyes won't question where to look.

Photo via E! Online

Allison Williams in Ralph Lauren - Studies show that staring at Allison's look for too long will cure insomnia. The dress is pretty but the simple hair and lack of jewels send me straight to bed. 

Photo via E! Online

Zosia Mamet in Honor - The only thing saving this dress is the gorgeous print. Outside of that, the bottom of the dress is too heavy and the black top looks more confusing than me trying to pronounce her name. Things would be 65% better if this was a pencil dress sans black chest detail. 

Photo via E! Online

Who were your favorites and least favorites of the night?

x Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...