Monday, August 25, 2014

MTV VMAS RED CARPET LOOKS

I think Wet Seal sponsored the clothing for this year's VMAs.

I don't watch the MTV Video Music Awards for the fashion. I more watch it for the outlandish events (cue the "Imma let you finish"), the nostalgic memories of the VMAs when I really enjoyed them (thanks Katy Perry for the Britney and Justin denim reminder), and the gif-worthy reactions from celebs (speaking of, where was Rihanna and her b!+ch face?). Dressing for the VMAs probably isn't the easiest, since you have to find that balance between "fun and hip" and "don't look like a complete idiot because you're still at an awards show". So I'm not surprised that nobody walked the red carpet and wowed me.

Still, I've managed to pick a few favorites that I enjoyed, and of course, a few that I had to comment on.

Best Dressed

Jourdan Dunn in Balmain: Looking like the epitome of a super model.


Kim Kardashian in Balmain: The cut is a little deep, but I'm obsessed with this print.


Kendall Jenner: Technically she's a Jenner, and also a model, so I don't feel half as bad as I should that two members of this family are on my favorite list.


Chanel Iman in Balmain: Loving this feels wrong, but I don't wanna be right.


Worst Dressed

Amber Rose in Laurel DeWitt: I get the desire to show off your flat stomach, especially after having a baby, but really? Maybe it's my nostalgia for 1998 (see here), or maybe it's the fact that I don't get why she covered up her tattoos that makes me not like this look. Or maybe it's because she's literally wearing chains and underwear.


Solange Knowles: Solange took her sister's "I woke up like this" a little too literal. Is that pajamas?


Taylor Swift in Mary Katrantzou: Is she learning the alphabet? Also, E! was drunk when they tweeted this.


Katy Perry in Versace: I don't really have to spell this one out for you, right?


What did you think of last night's looks?

x Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...