Monday, January 12, 2015

JILL'S GOLDEN GLOBES RED CARPET RECAP

I've always called the Golden Globes the pre-game to the Oscars, and as I start my day on a fashion/makeup/mani cam (ugh) hangover, I realize these words run true. So let's recap what we witnessed last night together! And if you were drinking as much as Giuliana Rancic was drinking last night, and you have a real hangover from George Clooney's tequila (side note: how awkward was that?!), I hope this hydrates your Monday. Here are my favorites and not-so favorites!

Best

Emma Stone in Lanvin: Jumpsuit. Glitz. A BOW. Who can say no?

via E!

Jenna Dewan-Tatum in Carolina Herrera: This dress is one big yellow dream... in the best way possible. The fabric looks luxurious and I love the top. It pairs well with her dark, wavy hair and ear party - that's a thing, right?

via E!

Lupita Nyong'o in Giambattista Vali Couture: I liked this risk, and really loved this color on Lupita. 

via E!

Worst

Zosia Mamet in Andrew Gn: The top of this dress looks like it belongs to a completely different outfit. I was also pretty shocked at her choice of pink. Good news is I think she's finally starting to be able to pull off the blonde hair.

via E!

Laura Prepon in Christian Siriano: I feel like I should insert some Orange is The New Black joke, but I am too distracted by those terrible swirls on her dress. I'm always an advocate for gowns that aren't strapless, but the black mixed with the long-sleeves (and weird pattern) is looking matronly. Her makeup and hair look beautiful, but not enough to keep her out of jessandjill.com fashion jail (there it is!). 

via E!

Keira Knightley in Chanel: Chanel CAN do wrong. It took 30 people to pick insects and sew them on to this dress. She looks like a walking museum exhibit.

via E!

Tina Fey: This should read, "Tina Fey in a really expensive dress that she disrespectfully allowed her daughters to bedazzle". 

via E!


What Could Have Been

Rosamund Pike in Vera Wang: Spoiler alert - Gone Girl is actually about a British woman who gets rid of all of her baby weight in five weeks. Seriously, her body looks stunning, but the fit of the top of this gown is doing nothing for her. She should have just walked the red carpet naked, Rihanna style.

via E!

Amal Clooney: Let me just say that I love the fact that she wore gloves, however I just wish they were a different color. White has the tendency to look tacky. But if anyone can pull this look off, it's Amal. I want to be her when I grow up.

via E!

Who were your favorites and not-so favorites from last night?

x Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...