Monday, February 23, 2015

JILL'S 2015 OSCARS RED CARPET REWIND

Happy Monday!

If you've ever read any of my red carpet posts (which I'm hoping you're not here just for the pretty pictures), you'll know that the Oscars are my Christmas. As a bit of a movie-a-holic, I look forward to this night all year. And since last year I was out of the country and missed the show, I'm excited we can recap the red carpet together. So let's get to it!

Here are my opinions on the best and worst dressed from last night.

BEST

Lupita Nyong'o in custom Calvin Klein: Those pearls. That cut. It's no surprise this is custom, because it fits her like a glove.


Rosamund Pike in Givenchy: If anyone questioned just how amazing Amazing Amy is, Rosamund just answered them. AH-mazing. Wearing red on a red carpet is a risk, but she's standing out with that slit and lace texture. +1 for us pale girls - how beautiful is her skin against this color?


Emma Stone in Elie Saab: First, you know I give extra bonus points to those who opt for sleeves. But I love how Emma balances it out with an open back and a slit in the dress. Also, her red hair is always her best accessory, and everything she wears always compliments the color.


WORST

Felicity Jones in Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen: I'd love to take the top and put it on a different bottom. The color is amazing, and the neckline is interesting, but that bottom is giving me Cinderella vibes. It kind of reminds me of those wedding gowns inspired by Disney Princesses.


Gwyneth Paltrow in Ralph and Russo: 80s prom realness right now. Not sure why Gwynetb decided to wear an overgrown corsage on her shoulder, but I'm just not feeling it. She should consider consciously uncoupling with it. I do love the pink color on her though. 


OTHER

Margot Robbie in Saint Laurent: Usually when a celebrity wears black on th red carpet, I think they need to turn things up a little more. But how misplaced does this necklace look with this dress? It sticks out like the worst kind of after-thought, but she does looks like a total babe in this gown.


Chloe Moretz in Miu Miu: Usually Chloe's choices are a miss for me, but I thought she looked lovely in this gown. It's young enough without being out of place on the Oscars red carpet.


Reese Witherspoon in Tom Ford: Gorgeous? Yes. Noteworthy? Not quite. If the word "meh" came in the form of a gown, this would be it. Also, it's looks like she was inspired by past choices she's made.


Lady Gaga in custom Azzedine Alaia:  This dress is a work of art (and I'm not just saying that like the E! Correspondents do when they don't know what to say). Lady Gaga could never walk down the carpet in a strapless gown and I love her for that, plus her makeup and hair are on point. Just wishing she would ditch the cleaning gloves, because things would look so much better without them. But then she wouldn't be Gaga, would she?



Who did you love last night?

x Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...