Tuesday, June 23, 2015

SUMMER BEAUTY AND SKINCARE

Summer is officially here! It's time to not only shift things around in our closet, but also our bathroom counter. My beauty and skincare needs and wants completely change from other seasons. Those heavy liquid foundations are now unbearable, there's no need for those thick creams to battle dry skin, and sigh, you have to shave now.

Read why I have a summer affair with all these wonderful products perfect for the hot season - and most months in Houston.

via Instagram

Shaving is always more frequent in the summer and my skin does not deal well with it. I recently switched over to Dr. Bronner's Shaving Gel (versus a cream), and my skin is thanking me. If you have sensitive skin, opt for the unscented one. Finally, no nicks and no horrible rash afterward. Bring on the short dresses! (I get mine at Whole Foods.)

Dr. Bronner's Shaving Gel ($7.64 - On Sale!)

If you're not near the ocean (or would rather not jump into the gulf), this sea salt spray from Davines is awesome. Spray generoulsy, scrunch, and bam - you've got beach-perfect waves.

Davines This Is A Sea Salt Spray ($27.00)

While you should ALWAYS (did I make that 'always' obvious enough?) wear sunscreen, summer brings more reasons to wear them - the UV index is way higher and you're outside longer, so apply, apply, apply! For my face, I wear Aveeno Baby Sensitive Skin Face Sun Stick - it has SPF 50 and it's a STICK. I love the ease of Aveeno Hydrosport Sunscreen Spray for the rest of my body. You can legitimately spray and walk at the same time - which I do because I always feel like my skin is burning when I'm outside.

Aveeno Hydrosport Sunscreen Spray ($9.79) - Walgreens

Aveeno Baby Sensitive Skin Face Sun Stick ($9.99) - Walgreens

When there's summer, there's frizz - and Suave knows how to help a girl out. Suave Professionals Luxe Style Infusion Smoothing Lightweight Weather Proof Cream is inexpensive and does the trick. Winner, winner.

Suave Professionals Luxe Style Infusion Smoothing Lightweight Weather Proof Cream ($4.99) - Target

There is nothing worse than having sweat stuck between your skin and a heavy layer of liquid foundation. Nothing! Hence why I use Kiehl's tinted BB cream. Lightweight, SPF 50, it moisturizes, and has magical BB cream properties. This is like, the ultimate 10-in-1 product.

BB Cream - Actively Correcting and Beautifying with SPF 50 PA+++

What summer beauty and skincare products do you use?

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...